The Lunar New Year celebration at Disney’s California Adventure runs from January 25th to February 17th. There will be lots of fun activities, beautiful decorations, delicious Asian Cuisine, photo opportunities with special Disney characters, and themed merchandise.
“Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” parade starts by the symphony swings and ends at the stage at Paradise Gardens Park where you can enjoy a wonderful performance by your favorite characters including the Three Little Pigs, in celebration of the Year of the Pig.
Also at Paradise Gardens Park, you can enjoy live music and on Mondays and Tuesday’s you can take home custom Chinese calligraphy drawn by local artists.
In front of The Little Mermaid-Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, you can craft paper lanterns and get complementary face paintings.
Don’t forget to check out the AP corner by the Symphony Swings.
There are four Marketplaces where you can enjoy delicious authentic Asian Cuisine. If you’re planning on trying six items the Sip and Savor Pass is an excellent savings at $39.00 before AP discount and will be available for purchase at Festival Gifts, Elias & Co., Kingswell Camera Shop, and the Sip & Savor Cart.
Paradise Garden Grill is also serving some delicious themed dishes. You can choose from a Whole Fried Fish Meal for Two, Pork Belly Bahn Mi, Korean Grilled Chicken, and Vegan Orange Tempeh. If you have the Sip and Savor Pass you can redeem your credits for smaller plates of the Korean Grilled Chicken.
Exciting time-saver: if you’re interested in trying foods from multiple booths you can order all of the foods at one booth and then just take your receipts to the booth serving the food you’ve chosen to pick it up. Say goodbye to having to stand in multiple lines to try all these snacks. This was great since some of the booths were really busy and had long lines. We just headed down to a different one to buy all our snacks.
Lucky 8 Lantern
- Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon, and Edamame — $8.00
- Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles — $7.00
- Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart — $5.50
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee — $5.50
Prosperity Bao & Buns
We tried everything at this booth and loved it all!
- Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño — $7.75
This was by far our favorite of the day. The pork was so tender and marinated just perfectly and the combination of jalapeños and pickled onion was so good.
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun — $6.50
For some reason, I thought this would be warm but it is actually served at room temperature. The bun had a good flavor to it and was light and fluffy and the hot dogs were tasty.
- Mango-Pineapple Pastry — $5.50
These were so cute. The crust was light and flaky and dusted with sugar sprinkles. The filling was delicious. I was really excited to try a mango-pineapple combo and it did not disappoint. My only complaint is that there wasn’t a lot of filling inside the pie but that is more of a personal preference.
- Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mule — $13.00
This was such a good mule and pretty strong. It was light and refreshing with just the right amount of sweetness and very easy to drink.
Longevity Noodle Co.
- Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce — $7.25
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts — $7.00
- Egg Tart — $4.75
- Orchid Spritz — $5.75
Red Dragon Spice Traders
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice — $7.25
- Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriracha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad — $7.75
Again the meat was so tender and perfectly marinated. It was complemented beautifully with the sriracha-mayonnaise and cucumber salad. Another favorite of the festival.
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche — $5.50
- Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea — $6.00